Half of the problems arise from the fact you think that you think your puppy cannot be trained. This is however not true as you can train your dog to be obedient with a little bit of training. You must set aside a certain time everyday to train your dog. Obedience training is an ongoing process as your puppy never stops learning.
Puppy obedience training Northbrook emphasizes on developing a relationship of trust with your dog. All obedience must be fun. If you make it fun, your dog will love every bit of training. For long term rewards you must develop a friendly relation with your canine friend. You can start with basic training such as sit, stand, move, stay and make him used to your commands.
Obedience is a good way to build confidence in you and your dog. You must be patient enough to get the level of training you want. You will soon find your dog getting aggressive or bored with a particular set of training and looking for something new. It is thus important to shower them with praise once they complete a command.
You must never push your puppy too hard. Happy and short lessons work better and keep the dog as well as the owner happy. You must never shout and keep your calm. Each of the lessons must end with a positive note and you should shower them with praise.
You will need some equipment such as a good collar to get your job done. Get the best that you can afford, since you will be using it all the time.
You must spend some time choosing the right obedience method that will suit your dog. Keep in mind the breed of the dog while choosing the obedience training methods. Make sure to keep it simple, fun and small.
There are different classes for obedience and if the classes are in your area, you can pop alone to see how the classes are conducted without your dog.
• This is a good way to judge if it is good for both of you. Consider if the classes are run at a pace that you both are comfortable with?
• If the dogs in the class are happy?
• If the class follow a program that can be reinforced at home?
• How big are the classes and how the trainer manages to control and help the attendee that is the dog as well as the trainer?
Training the dog is a good way to develop a strong connection between you and the dog. It is a pleasure to have a well trained and obedient dog, whom you can proudly take anywhere without worrying about his behavior.
So, if you are looking for puppy obedience training in and around Northbrook, you may look online and find the best place to help your puppy grow as a social animal.
- Environmental Articles and Battling Climate Change - January 22, 2014
- CFO Jobs and How to Identify if You’re a Candidate - January 22, 2014
- Tips for Improving the Health of All Adults - January 22, 2014