In this modern era when everything can be done in just few clicks you might find buying, selling, or even renting out a property quite daunting, as the procedure is long. Investment in real estate is not a cup of tea for impulse buyer because it is one of the most time taking processes and conveyancing might take a few months to complete
The word conveyancing is a legal term which means transferring the ownership of the property. It is the most complicated but important work which needs a lot of expertise and experience. The official document prepared for transferring title contains some points which a normal person can miss. Here arises the necessity of an expert, also known as conveyancing solicitor or conveyancer, who can help make the process smooth.
A conveyancer will not only deal with the relevant lawful process and paperwork involved in real estate investment but he will also provide you proper advice. If you are new in the field then here is a guide to help you know what a conveyancer does.
1. He will make proper search ensuring that there is no laundering of money.
2. Answer to all the queries aroused from the other side and also speak to them and know the details of the property.
3. Check the plan permission and other legal papers to make sure that they are legal and have no dispute.
4. Check the identity of the person by making a local authority search.
5. Pay the stamp duty of the property and also move the papers for registration in your name.
There are many conveyancing companies offering the service at different price. Here are some tips to help you select a conveyancer.
1. Take quotes from 2 or 3 conveyancer and compare their service and charges. Usually an experienced and renowned expert will charge you more. You can also ask your friends and relatives to recommend some expert known to them.
2. Let you conveyancer know that you will be in regular touch and enquire about the progress of the deal. Convey him that you might need certain answers well in advance.
3. You must also negotiate a deal with him, which means if the transaction does not happen then no money will be paid to him/her as fees.
4. Compare the quotes and services offered by the conveyancer before selecting one.
5. If you want environmental search of the property then you must also check well in advance that the expert has an experience in the area.
Once you have appointed a conveyancer you must also help him by providing all the basic information, this will help him get started. Try to answer your conveyancer’s queries, as and when needed so that the procedure is fast and smooth. Check the response and listen to the queries of the opponent party carefully and make sure to ask and understand every step that the conveyancer takes to transfer the title of the property.
Kirti S is a web enthusiast and a writer. Kirti has afforded his articles and write-ups autonomously and through various online forums.
- Benefits of Using Microfiber Materials for Cleaning - February 4, 2014
- What is Microfiber and Why Does it out Perform Cotton? - February 4, 2014
- What is Microfiber and Why Does it out Perform Cotton? - January 28, 2014