You have seen the ads about VOIP and you want in on it if it is what it promises to be. But, before you do so, you realize you need to know a little bit more about it. VOIP is fast becoming the talk of the world, literally! People are seeing the benefits of it in their bank accounts as well as in their service experiences. VOIP, or Voice Over Internet Protocol, is a way of communicating via the internet instead of using standard land phone lines.
What You Have To Know
* Not sure how it works? Just as your internet connection can stay on, so can a phone system that is hooked up to it. The phone runs through the web, allowing for you to talk to anyone, anywhere without the need of expensive phone service. A great way to learn more about VOIP is to take a free demo of how it works. You’ll find these throughout the web.
* How does it save money? Another common question people have is how VOIP can save you money. If you are one that spends a lot of money each month on long distance phone calls, call waiting and forwarding services… and all other gadgets available for your standard phone, VOIP can save you money. It can do this because when you call through the internet, distance simply does not matter. Does it cost you anything to email your friend in China? No! And, neither does it cost to use VOIP long distance.
* What do you have to do to get it? First, you’ll need to insure that you have the service available in your area. Next, you’ll need to do some research to find out what the businesses can offer you in terms of service and cost. Then, you’ll need to install software and simple equipment and that’s that. You’ll likely pay a monthly payment as you do now, but it is likely to be much lower.
VOIP is fast growing because it is easy to use, affordable and quite possibly is the way of making phone calls in the years to come.
6 Voip Features That Attract People
VOIP is an advanced technology which has surpassed the telephone companies and the mobile companies. Its popularity is increasing enormously with an increase in its network coverage. It has proved to be an astonishing invention which has created a new mode of telecommunication by using internet. VOIP is an abbreviated form of Voice Over Internet Protocol.
Salient Features Of VOIP
The VOIP technology possesses many salient features which have attracted a large section of people towards itself.
1 – With the introduction of VOIP technology, the making of calls has become easy and cheap. You can easily make local, long distance, and international calls by using a broadband net connection which is a high-speed net connection.
2 – Its one of the significant advantages is the capability of directing the incoming calls to the VOIP service and one can easily get the details of incoming calls from any computer possessing internet by using VOIP system.
3 – It is a network that follows you wherever you go therefore you will never miss any of your important calls even if you are out of town.
4 – It has helped a lot in cost reduction because of the cheap call rates, the monthly telephone bills have cut down. Therefore, setting up of VOIP is very much beneficial economically.
5 – There are many value added services offered by the various VOIP service providers. For example, there is voice mail facility, 3-way conference, speed dialing, call forwarding, simultaneous ring, call waiting, caller ID, call return, caller ID block, anonymous call rejection, an interesting feature of do not disturb, and last number dial. All these services are mostly free of cost in their basic service plan.
6 – There is a facility of managing your VOIP account online from any corner of the world if there is an availability of a broadband internet connection.
Drawbacks Of VOIP Technology
The dark side of using VOIP technology has made the customer to reach the state of dilemma whether to go for VOIP technology or not. The major disadvantage of VOIP is that a problem can be cropped up by using VOIP technology and text messaging because it has been found that the use of this technology can lead to many security flaws.
Experts are working on the problem of security flaws, but have not come to any results yet. Therefore, one cannot rely completely on the use of VOIP technology. In terms of security, VOIP is not also completely supportive for their encryptions. Because of this weak point, it has become easy for the cyber attackers to impede the communication system.
How To Call Without VOIP
It is also very easy to make calls without possessing VOIP service by using an adaptor. This adaptor will be hooked up to a regular phone and to your VOIP in order to utilize the residential VOIP phone which can be a VOIP phone, landline, or cell phone. This adapter has proved to be very much useful for those who do not want to make investment in VOIP service.
Residential VOIP is a type of software which permits the downloading of technology on your computer to chat with anyone across the globe. In this system of communication, computer will be solving the purpose of the telephone. There is one specification in using residential VOIP service and that is the person whom you want to contact should also need to possess the software with same technology on his computer.
Therefore, after considering the both positive and negative aspects of the VOIP technology, you should come to an apt and appropriate decision whether to opt for it or not.
Get Yourself A VoIP Headset And Reap The Benefits
This article looks at what a VOIP headset is and how it can benefit you in either a work or home environment.
What is a VOIP headset and how does it work?
VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) is one of the new kids on the block in communication technology, using the Internet instead of traditional phone lines to make and receive phone calls. You can call others and have them call you provided that you both have the necessary software on your computers, which is free to download from a number of suppliers of residential VOIP services. It is also possible to call landlines and cell phones using this technology.
Normally to use your VOIP system effectively you would need to be sitting in front of your computer as the voice of the person you are speaking to will come through the speakers of your computer and you will need to speak into a microphone attached to your computer, only really convenient if you are always sat in front of your computer screen and even then it will not afford you any confidentiality.
Like having a headset for a traditional telephone, having a VOIP headset for your VOIP system will be just as convenient, affording you hands free communication wherever you happen to be.
A VOIP headset fits on you head in the same way as a headset for your land line with an ear piece and a small microphone that fits close to your mouth. Therefore you can hear the person’s voice via the ear piece and talk into the microphone of the headset.
What are the benefits of a VOIP headset?
Hands free communication
Allows you to work whilst communicating, without being in front of your computer,improving efficiency
Have confidential conversations as the person you are talking to speaks into your headphones
Be prepared for calls by continually wearing the headset.
So a VOIP headset will allow you to take advantage of this latest technology and give you the freedom of a traditional hands free phone system.
Related articles from the interwebs
- Wireless VOIP-COIP Mobile The Internet(planet.infowars.com)
- 10 Horrific Deaths Caused By Cell Phones(listverse.com)
- Proposed Legislation Would Crack Down on So-Called ‘Burner Phones’(fox40.com)
- The Top 5 Best Cell Phone Signal Boosters for Homes in 2016(n4bb.com)
- Forest rescue: Cell phone saves the day(nzherald.co.nz)